Here are a couple of quick grooming tips I like to tell my brides and grooms regarding styling for the shoot.
- Match styles with your fiancee – e.g., if you want to wear a formal dress, make sure he is wearing something equally formal.
- Have only one of you wear a pattern – if you wear a nice floral, have him wear a solid in a coordinating color.
- Make sure your clothes are clean and pressed and in good condition, e.g. no stains or holes. I know it seems obvious, but it matters and makes a difference in the final shots.
- Having your hair and makeup done really makes a difference in the final look of the photos.
- Get a couple of good night’s rest before the shoot, you don’t want to look tired, worn or haggard.
- Wear clothes that are authentically you and that you feel your best in !
- Bring lipstick, face powder, a comb, hairspray and a pocket mirror for quick touch ups.
But most importantly…..have fun and laugh a lot !